Legendary Tokyo rockers Seiji (Guitar Wolf), the 220.127.116.11’s, and Fifi (Teengenerate, Firestarter, the Tweezers) take you on a tour of their sprawling hometown, stepping off the beaten path to share their favorite restaurants, bars, record stores, clubs, and more. Map should appear at the end of the page but can also be accessed here.
- Step back in time at Asakusa, home to shrines, temples, and tasty food vendors. Stop by Marubell to browse their collection of photos of old Japanese movie stars (burobaido).
- Experience a re-creation of old-timey Tokyo as well as countless bowls of ramen at Shin-Yokohama Raumen Museum.
- Stroll and eat your way through Yokohama Chinatown, the largest Chinatown in Japan.
- Soak up the unique atmosphere of American military base towns such as Fussa.
- Explore the dark, narrow paths of Harmonica Yokocho (Harmonica Street) and its warren of shops, bars, and restaurants.
- Many different styles of ramen at the Shin-Yokohama Raumen Museum. Seiji recommends Sumire’s rich Hokkaido miso ramen in particular.
- Soba and kakiage at Yabusoba in Kanda
- Classic ramen, fried rice, and Chinese fare at Mintei in Shimokitazawa
- DIY okonomiyaki (savory Japanese pancake/omelet) at Mari-ya in Kichijoji
- Yakitori (skewers of grilled chicken) and other staples at Iseya in Kichijoji
- No-frills ramen at Taiyo in Koenji
- Disk Union (specifically the branches at Shibuya, Shimokitazawa, and Kichijoji) for used and new records
- Harajuku (unique clothing and accessories)
- Shimokitazawa (clothing, novelty items, books, records)
- Koenji (vintage clothing, books, records)
- Nakano Broadway (manga, toys, clothing, cosplay accessories, records, guitars, antiques)
- Shelter in Shimokitazawa
- UFO Club in Koenji
- Club Heavy Sick in Hatagaya
- Crocodile in Shibuya
- Ebisu in Nishi Ogikubo
- Poor Cow in Shimokitazawa
FEATURED BAND PERFORMANCES (in order of appearance)
Guitar Wolf at Earthdom
Fifi & Boogie Hiroshi at Poor Cow
Fifi with The Fadeaways at UFO Club (courtesy of Yukiko Ono)
The 18.104.22.168’s at Shelter
Electric Eel Shock at Earthdom
Melt Banana at Shimokitazawa Basement Bar (courtesy of Pete Slovenly)
Cracks at Earthdom
Peter Pan Speedrock at Earthdom
The Fadeaways with Seiji Guitar Wolf at UFO Club (courtesy of Yukiko Ono)
Tina Lucchesi with Fink & The Thunderroads at Shelter
The Thunderroads at Shelter
At UFO Club
Toyozo of The Fadeaways with The Mellvins (courtesy of Atushi of Gorilla*/Pop’n’Roll Records)
Guitar Wolf (courtesy of Ameku)
The Fadeaways (courtesy of Yukiko Ono)
The Mellvins (courtesy of Yukiko Ono)
At Heavy Sick
Eddie Legend A Go-Go
At Poor Cow