Chicago musicians Jered Gummere (the Ponys, Bare Mutants), Alex White (White Mystery), Nobunny, and Chris DeArcangelis (Mama) take you on a rocknroll tour through the Windy City, sharing their favorite sights, restaurants, bars, record stores, clubs, and more. Respectively, they’ve lived in Chicago since 1996, 1985, undisclosed, and 1984.
- Drive south down Lake Shore Drive towards Chicago’s dazzling downtown skyline.
- Explore the city via the convenient and ubiquitous network of “L” trains.
- Soak up the scene at Lake Michigan.
- Wander around downtown and stop in extra-divey dive bars such as Rossi’s (412 N. State St.).
- Get inspired (and a cheap lunch) at the Art Institute of Chicago (111 S. Michigan Ave.).
- Order a drink to go with your view at Cindy’s (12 S. Michigan Ave.).
- Sign up for a wild and wacky time on Chic-A-Go-Go!, a public-access TV dance show.
- Hot dogs, Italian beefs, and cheese fries in a taco shell bowl 24 hours a day at Susie’s Drive Thru (4126 W. Montrose Ave.)
- Hot dogs at Byron’s (1017 W. Irving Park Rd.)
- Seasonal contemporary cuisine at Lula Cafe (2537 N. Kedzie Ave.)
- Vegetarian and vegan fare (with real vegetables!) at Ground Control (3315 W. Armitage Ave.)
- Hearty cuts of meat in a classic Chicago steakhouse at Gene & Georgetti (500 N. Franklin St.)
- Reckless Records (3126 N. Broadway, 1379 N. Milwaukee Ave.)
- Bric-a-Brac Records & Collectibles (3156 W. Diversey Ave.)
- Permanent Records (1914 W. Chicago Ave.)
- Laurie’s Planet of Sound (4639 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- Wicker Park area
- Quimby’s Bookstore (1854 W. North Ave.)
- West Town area (Permanent Records, Atomix Cafe, Alcala’s Western Wear, Tommy’s Guitar & Trading Post)
- Empty Bottle (1035 N. Western Ave.)
- The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia Ave.)
- Cole’s (2338 N. Milwaukee Ave.)
- Blind Robin (853 N. Western Ave.)
- Bim Bom Lounge (5226 W. Belmont Ave.)
- Rainbo Club (1150 N. Damen Ave.)
- Signature Lounge at the John Hancock Center (875 N. Michigan Ave.)
FEATURED BAND PERFORMANCES (in order of appearance)
Nobunny at SF Eagle, San Francisco
The Ponys at Empty Bottle, Chicago
White Mystery at Do312’s Rock ‘N Roll Market, Chicago
White Mystery at Hard Rain, Osaka, Japan
Mama at Empty Bottle, Chicago
The Rubs at Logan Square Auditorium, Chicago
Wreckless Eric at The Owl, Chicago
Shannon & the Clams at Logan Square Auditorium, Chicago
Bolzen Beer Band at The Radler, Chicago
Nones at Bric-a-Brac Records & Collectibles, Chicago
AT EMPTY BOTTLE
AT THE HIDEOUT