Chicago musicians Jered Gummere (the Ponys, Bare Mutants), Alex White (White Mystery), Nobunny, and Chris DeArcangelis (Mama) take you on a rocknroll tour through the Windy City, sharing their favorite sights, restaurants, bars, record stores, clubs, and more. Respectively, they’ve lived in Chicago since 1996, 1985, undisclosed, and 1984.
- Drive south down Lake Shore Drive towards Chicago’s dazzling downtown skyline.
- Explore the city via the convenient and ubiquitous network of “L” trains.
- Soak up the scene at Lake Michigan.
- Wander around downtown and stop in extra-divey dive bars such as Rossi’s (412 N. State St.).
- Get inspired (and a cheap lunch) at the Art Institute of Chicago (111 S. Michigan Ave.).
- Order a drink to go with your view at Cindy’s (12 S. Michigan Ave.).
- Sign up for a wild and wacky time on Chic-A-Go-Go!, a public-access TV dance show.
- Hot dogs, Italian beefs, and cheese fries in a taco shell bowl 24 hours a day at Susie’s Drive Thru (4126 W. Montrose Ave.)
- Hot dogs at Byron’s (1017 W. Irving Park Rd.)
- Seasonal contemporary cuisine at Lula Cafe (2537 N. Kedzie Ave.)
- Vegetarian and vegan fare (with real vegetables!) at Ground Control (3315 W. Armitage Ave.)
- Hearty cuts of meat in a classic Chicago steakhouse at Gene & Georgetti (500 N. Franklin St.)
- Reckless Records (3126 N. Broadway, 1379 N. Milwaukee Ave.)
- Bric-a-Brac Records & Collectibles (3156 W. Diversey Ave.)
- Permanent Records (1914 W. Chicago Ave.)
- Laurie’s Planet of Sound (4639 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- Wicker Park area
- Quimby’s Bookstore (1854 W. North Ave.)
- West Town area (Permanent Records, Atomix Cafe, Alcala’s Western Wear, Tommy’s Guitar & Trading Post)
- Empty Bottle (1035 N. Western Ave.)
- The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia Ave.)
- Cole’s (2338 N. Milwaukee Ave.)
- Blind Robin (853 N. Western Ave.)
- Bim Bom Lounge (5226 W. Belmont Ave.)
- Rainbo Club (1150 N. Damen Ave.)
- Signature Lounge at the John Hancock Center (875 N. Michigan Ave.)
FEATURED BAND PERFORMANCES (in order of appearance)
- Nobunny at SF Eagle, San Francisco
- The Ponys at Empty Bottle, Chicago
- White Mystery at Do312’s Rock ‘N Roll Market, Chicago
- White Mystery at Hard Rain, Osaka, Japan
- Mama at Empty Bottle, Chicago
- The Rubs at Logan Square Auditorium, Chicago
- Wreckless Eric at The Owl, Chicago
- Shannon & the Clams at Logan Square Auditorium, Chicago
- Bolzen Beer Band at The Radler, Chicago
- Nones at Bric-a-Brac Records & Collectibles, Chicago
AT EMPTY BOTTLE
AT THE HIDEOUT