Parisian musicians Mary Bell, Ivan Le Terrible (of Chrome Reverse, the No-Talents), and Jon and Max of Jon & the Vons share their favorite places in the City of Lights, including record shops, bars, restaurants, clubs, and more. Map should appear at the end of the page but can also be accessed here.
- Soak up the sights and sounds of Paris with a stroll through the Marais, along the Seine, and around the Bastille.
- Wander the tiny streets of Montmartre and enjoy its panoramic view of the city.
- Marvel at the dodo and other extinct animals at the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution (Grand Gallery of Evolution).
- Drink in the best 360-degree view of Paris with a glass of wine at Montparnasse Tower.
- Explore less-touristy arrondissements such as the 19th and 20th as well as the suburb of Montreuil for a taste of the “real” Paris.
- Escape the tourist hordes for flora, fauna, and plenty of elbow room at Bois de Vincennes and its Parc Floral.
- Classic French favorites at Bistrot Paul Bert (18 Rue Paul Bert) and Au Timbre Poste (1 Rue Rouget de Lisle, Malakoff)
- South Indian vegetarian specialties at Krishna Bhavan ()
- Tonkatsu, katsudon, ramen, and other Japanese favorites at Hokkaido (14 Rue Chabanais), or at one of the many Japanese eateries on Rue Sainte-Anne.
- Born Bad Record Shop (11 Rue Saint-Sabin)
- Pop Culture Shop (23 Rue Keller)
- Vinyl Office (9 Rue Trousseau)
- Le Rideau de Fer (12 Rue André del Sarte)
- Les Puces de Vanves (14 Avenue Georges Lafenestre)
- Les Puces de Saint-Ouen (nearest Metro: Porte de Clignancourt)
- Brocantes (second-hand shops) in the 11th arrondissement
- Aux Comptoirs du Chineur (49 Rue Saint-Paul)
- Kilo Shop (69-71 Rue de la Verrerie)
- Free’p’star (61 Rue de la Verrerie, 20 Rue de Rivoli)
- Guerrisol (45 Boulevard de la Chapelle, 21 Boulevard de Rochechouart)
- Espace B (16 Rue Barbanègre)
La Mécanique Ondulatoire (8 Passage Thiéré) — As of January 2018, La Méca no longer hosts shows, but the bar remains open for drinks and DJ parties.
Le Tiki Lounge (26 Rue de la Fontaine au Roi)
- Lone Palm (21 Rue Keller)
- Moonshiner (inside Pizzeria Da Vito; 5 Rue Sedaine)
FEATURED BAND PERFORMANCES (in order of appearance)
- Mary Bell at Le Petit Bain (courtesy of Emeric Guaquere)
- Chrome Reverse at Le Petit Bain (courtesy of Stéphane Guilley)
- Chrome Reverse at Funtastic Dracula Carnival, Benidorm, Spain (courtesy of The Archivist of London)
- Jon & the Vons at Cosmic Trip Festival, Bourges, France (courtesy of Jon & the Vons)
- Jon & the Vons at Tiki Lounge (courtesy of Olivier El Capitan)
- Jon & the Vons at La Mécanique Ondulatoire (courtesy of Jon & the Vons)
- Travel Check at Supersonic (courtesy of Still in Rock)
- Shannon & the Clams at Le Petit Bain (courtesy of Still in Rock)
- Os Noctàmbulos at L’Olympic Café (courtesy of Sasha Ivanovic)
- Daddy Long Legs at Le Gibus (courtesy of Stéphane Guilley)
- Johnny Casino at L’Armony, Montreuil
- Cheap Riot at Le Zorba (courtesy of Still in Rock)
- Dick Tracy Lords at L’Armony, Montreuil
AT ESPACE B
AT LA MÉCANIQUE ONDULATOIRE
- Bloodshot Bill
- Los VVs (courtesy of Franck Devaux)
- Jon & the Vons (courtesy of Jon & the Vons)